Nothing like a rainbow-themed craft to brighten up a summer afternoon at home. We are always looking for new ways to keep us busy and away from screen-time during the long summer months at home. If, like us, you are not travelling during the summer vacations and need ideas to keep the children constructively entertained and busy indoors, then look no further than here.
Coming back to our craft, as I’ve said before in previous craft posts, my elder son loves rainbows and rainbow colors. His eyes light up when I suggest a rainbow-related craft. So we took out our craft supplies, got some inspiration from Pinterest, and got started on this simple Rainbow craft.
1 x sheet of colored paper (we used Blue).
5 x cotton pads
7 x colored craft sticks. If you do not have colored sticks, you can use oil pastels to color the brown sticks. My son wanted to add pink to his rainbow, and we didn’t have that color, so he colored one with oil pastels by himself.
Glitter glue in any color.
A small piece of string or ribbon
1. Stick the rainbow colored sticks in the correct order in the middle of the paper, as shown.
2. Stick two cotton pads on top of the sticks, as shown.
3. Stick more cotton pads, to look like a big cloud, like shown in the picture.
4. Using a pencil, draw a outline along the entire shape, leaving a 1cm gap on all sides. On top, draw a loop, as shown, to make space for the ribbon hole.
5. Cut along the outline.
6. Using glitter glue, draw on the outline to give it a final touch-up.
7. Punch a hole on top, insert a ribbon through it and tie it up.
Our simple ‘Rainbow from the Clouds’ wall hanging craft is ready and it is looking great on the wall above their beds.
Please leave me a comment if you like this craft and would like to see more simple crafts to be done with your young kids.