One of the biggest dilemmas facing modern-day parents is the ever-increasing number of fun and educational toys available for their kids, and the lack of space to store them. I recently came across an online toy library, www.ubitoyz.com and think it is a brilliant concept and the solution to most parents’ troubles. Ubitoyz goes a step further than being a toy library, it offers the option of selling toys too.
It is a win-win situation for parents and kids, as:
- It offers a vast variety of toys on Rent & Sale
- Children have the option to Try out a product before purchasing it
- The rental option helps save money and save space, as you do not keep accumulating toys over time.
- Rental option is further divided into two membership plans – Mini and Mega, where the rental fees differ according to the quantity and variety of toys allowed.
- They have a HUGE variety of toys ranging from Infant toys to Musical, Educational, Physical movement, Board Games, Blocks, Puzzles, Pretend Play, Outdoor & so much more!
- They offer delivery and pick-up of the toys.
- Extra attention is paid to sanitizing toys between uses and toys are transferred in great condition.
When they contacted us last month to try out their rental service, my boys were super excited. Logging on to their website and arranging delivery of the toy we wanted was the easy bit. Coming to a decision about what toy to order was, however, a very, very tough decision to make.
My sons finally decided on a Hape Gourmet Kitchen, which is a life-sized kitchen unit. Yes, my boys love pretend play and playing Chef! It worked well for me, as under normal circumstances I would not buy such a big toy for them due to lack of space in the room. We received the item, looking as good as new, and securely packed, within the same week as we ordered.
Once it arrived, there was no containing their excitement. All the utensils from their kitchen play sets and all the pretend grocery items from their supermarket play sets were transferred into the Hape Kitchen. For the next few weeks, they spent most of their time playing with it and feeding us all pretend food, which we got tired of. My elder son realized that it had to go back soon, and hence used it with care and helped keep it clean too, just like he takes care of the books he borrows from a library.
We are in love with the toy library concept and would love to get a membership for ourselves very soon, especially during the long summer months ahead! We definitely recommend you to try out their rental plans and solve a lot of your toy problems!
Please note: This post is in collaboration with Ubitoyz.com. A huge shout-out going to Khushboo from Mumzy Notebook, for introducing this concept to us and to Rachna from Ubitoyz.com for letting us try out their service.